Feeding a toddler can be quite an education. Between the ages of 2 and 5 you never are quite sure what will happen, every day is an adventure! But there are keys to success when preparing meals and snacks for toddlers.
1. Offer small amounts of several different foods for them to try and choose from
2. Make meals colorful, make sure the plate has a variety of colors and isn’t just one color. A more attractive plate stimulates appetite and is more interesting.
3. Kids love food that they can eat off of a skewer like fruit kabobs, satay, or chicken kabobs, or even an occasional corn dog. Those food items are usually a hit!
4. Pair new food items with a favorite side dish or entrée.
5. If you child is crying and hungry while you are trying to get dinner ready let them go ahead and eat their fruit, milk, or an item that counts as part of their meal while they are waiting
6. If you are preparing a more “adult” meal such as a spicy chi...